Healthy Workplace Month Resources
The following are resources you can use throughout Healthy Workplace Month and beyond.
From the BC Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA)
Get your employees moving!
- Walk BC offers programming suggestions and support for walking throughout BC
- Start a Workplace walking program
- Find walks near you! Use Walk BCâ€™s interactive map (coming soon)
Support Active Transportation in your workplace.
- Support your employeesâ€™ health by promoting active transportation. Click here for more information about the Built Environment and Active Transportation initiative (BEAT)
Create awareness about the benefits of physical activity.
- Communications tools to help you promote Healthy Workplace Month and healthy living within your workplace or community
Promote healthy eating and healthy food choices in your workplace.
- The Stay Active, Eat Healthy initiative provides tools and resources for the sale of healthy food and beverages in public buildings
Find a fitness leader to engage your workplace.
- Are you a community looking to run a lunch-hour fitness class in your office or in need of a personal trainer to come to the workplace to assist with your health and wellness programs? Click here and scroll down for information on how to connect with a BCRPA Fitness Leader
- This workbook looks at the various ways businesses can foster a culture of health and engage their employees in becoming more physically active.
- Walk BC encourages individual and group walking to increase overall health in communities through a range of programs that promote walking including Workplace Walking. For more information on developing a workplace walking or physical activity program, please check out:
- Step-by-Step: A Workplace Walking Resource
- Step-by-Step: Resources